Saturday, July 16, 2011

Vermilion Escapes...

Caitlyn & I spent Thursday night and Friday out in Vermilion at my mom's and I am beginning to have a consuming crush on that little town. The old-fashioned Soda Fountain shop, fun little eatery's and pubs, the old general store with floor to ceiling displays of candies from our childhood, beautiful beaches, sailboats every which way you look, Train tressels and bridges all over that are fun to explore and climb around in, the adorable barbershop with a bench of old men out front and a barbershop pole by the door, and, my favorite...antique/thrift stores galoooore. My idea of Heaven. I always leave feeling refreshed. Like I had escaped reality for a little while. Yay Vermilion!









(p.s. if you want to see the rest of the pictures just click on the Flickr badge to be taken to my account!)

2 comments:

jbird said...

So cute! Yay for more posts- but I'm kind of pissed that my reader subscription isn't picking up your blog. I'll check on that.... Anyway- pinterest, do I need an invite? I want to join but I also fear what that will do to my to-do list (both because I will be adding things to it, and simultaneously not doing anything at all because I'm always on pinterest. Le sigh)
Jacquelyn

emilymarie1024 said...

Well as badly as I would love to see all the yummy & fun things you would put on there I have to be honest...it can be a time-suck. Instead of making all those wonderful things, I'm looking for more & more to add to the list. But so far I've managed to keep it to the time spent between my classes and such. Siiiiiigh. I would love to see you on there though. You need an invite, but I signed up through the website and received one almost immediately. I don't know if you checked it out yet, but there should be a badge on my page that leads you to my pinterest so you can see what its all about!